The 2019 summer school aims to share, in an international comparative framework, innovative approaches and tools for the synergistic design of financial instruments, environmental recovery procedures and urban master planning operating in complex market conditions on large-scale obsolete industrial sites that embody controversial legacies. Participants will focus on the analysis of case studies of urban industrial legacy and urban production transformation. They will be asked to develop a toolkit (in terms of architecture, urban planning, landscape design, management, environmental and economic sustainability) and present it publicly at the end of the summer school.
The work will be supervised by both Politecnico di Torino, Technion Israel Institute of Technology and Tsinghua University tutors with expertise in architecture, urban and landscape design, environmental engineering and economics, real estate and management. The summer school is jointly organized by China Room research group and FULL research centre of Politecnico di Torino and aims at consolidating academic relationships between Politecnico di Torino, Technion Israel Institute of Technology and Tsinghua University based on shared educational and research interests.
The summer school is promoted by Politecnico di Torino and will be held in Turin at Toolbox Coworking from July 10 to July 24, 2019.
The official language of the summer school is English. Participation will NOT require any registration fee for students regularly enrolled at the Politecnico di Torino, Technion Israel Institute of Technology and Tsinghua University. Following to the active participation in the summer school and the presentation of the final results, 3 ECTS will be credited to students who are regularly enrolled at the Politecnico di Torino. The scientific committee will select participant students among all applicants based on the following criteria:
– To be enrolled within the current academic year.
– Good knowledge of the English language.
– Short presentation letter (max 2 A4 folders), with motivations for participating to the summer school and more generally to undertake international educational experiences (to be drafted in English); add general information, telephone, e-mail address.
– Portfolio (in A4 landscape, max 10 pages) including the most significant academic projects and any additional design experience (competitions, workshops, construction work) for architecture students and a brief introduction to the most relevant applied experiences (academic and extra-academic) for students with different disciplinary background.
– Certificate of enrolment at any university degree programs.
For further information email: email@example.com