Landscape Architecture M.A. - Application
The M.A. in Landscape Architecture study program is offered as a consecutive degree for graduates of an appropriate first degree at the TU München or another university. The master’s qualification is the equivalent of a diploma qualification and enables graduates to pursue a doctorate. For students of a six-semester bachelor study program and an additional six-month period of practical experience or period spent study abroad, the standard duration of studies is four semesters. For graduates of an eight-semester bachelor study program with an integral semester spent studying abroad, the standard duration of studies is three semesters.
Applications may be submitted online via the TUMonline Campus platform and in writing. Applicants should submit a portfolio showing examples of their work and may be additionally asked to attend an aptitude assessment interview. Further details are available online in the study and examinations regulations for the M.A. in Landscape Architecture.
Applicants should submit the following documents along with their application:
- Application for admission
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form
- A certificate showing the attainment of a first degree. If this is not available at the time of application, a transcript of records showing the course content should be submitted
- Proof of work experience, internships and any other relevant additional qualifications
- Proof of good English language proficiency, see here for recognized certificates.
- German Language Skills:
- Transcript of records detailing the previous course of studies (subjects and credits) *
- Portfolio / Examples of work (max. 10 DIN A3 pages) *
- A written letter of motivation describing the applicant’s reasons for wishing to be admitted to the M.A. in Landscape Architecture course at the TUM *
* The items marked with an asterisk are not required from internal applicants (i.e. graduates of the TUM bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture and landscape planning).