Industrial Design M.Sc. - Application
To be admitted to the master’s study program in Industrial Design, applicants must:
- have successfully completed a first degree (B.A.) in design, architecture or mechanical engineering, or a comparable bachelor course at a German or foreign university, with a duration of at least six semesters.
- pass the aptitude assessment procedure.
Applicants should submit the following documents along with their application:
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form.
- A certificate showing the attainment of a first degree. If this is not available at the time of application, a transcript of records showing the course content should be submitted. The degree certificate must be submitted before matriculation. This is not required from graduates of the TUM.
- A letter of motivation describing the applicant’s specific abilities, interests and reasons for wishing to be admitted to the M.Sc. in Industrial Design course at the TUM (max. 1 page A4).
- A portfolio of the student’s own work of 10-15 pages A3 as a digital PDF document.
- Applicants from abroad should provide proof of adequate proficiency in the German language. Please see: Information about German language skills