You apply online via the application portal TUMonline. In detail: https://www.tum.de/nc/en/studies/application-and-acceptance/masters-degree-programs/applying-for-a-masters-degree-program/
Please note: If you have obtained your qualification for postgraduate studies (e.g. your bachelor's) in a country outside of the EU/EWR or Switzerland, you need to apply for a Preliminary Documentation (VPD) via uni-assist before applying to TUM. https://www.tum.de/en/studies/application-and-acceptance/uni-assist/
All necessary documents must be uploaded by the end of the deadline.
- Antrag auf Zulassung
- A transcript of records showing the modules taken in the applicant’s first degree and a minimum of 180 credits (200 credits for 8 semester study courses). The transcript of records must be issued by the respective examination committee or responsible course director’s office. Applicants with a six-semester BA (180 credits) must complete at least 60 credits from the compulsory elective and elective program of the Bachelor. The year abroad is compulsory - if you were not abroad during your bachelor's degree, you will be required to complete it in the master's program. Missing credits will be booked as a condition and must be proven by the time of submission of the master thesis.
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form.
- A letter of motivation describing the reasons for wishing to be admitted to the M.A. in Architecture course at the TUM. This statement should be no longer than 500 words and explain why the applicant’s specific abilities, interests and career goals make them a good candidate for the study program and why they would like to study at the TUM. Evidence of any related extra-curricular professional education, internships or vocational activities undertaken outside the regular hours of the bachelor’s study program help demonstrate the applicant’s degree of commitment and dedication.
- A portfolio of the student’s own work in digital form (max 15 pages, max. DIN A4 format, PDF file no larger than 20 MB, upload in the application platform of TUM). You can find guidelines for the creation of your portfolio here (in German).
- A signed assurance that the portfolio and letter of motivation was produced and written without assistance, that the reasons given for choosing this study program are the applicant’s own, and that any thoughts or ideas stemming from other sources have been identified as such.
- Applicants from abroad should provide proof of adequate proficiency in the German language. Please see: Information about German language skills
- If you have already completed relevant courses at a different university or in another course of study, you can apply to a higher subject semester (Fachsemester). To do this, you need a credit transfer report (upstream process). Please get in touch with the study advisor.
Please note that we can only consider your online application if all documents for the admission have been uploaded before the application deadline.
The application will be assessed by a committee on the basis of the documents submitted. Applicants may be asked to attend an aptitude assessment interview in which they will be asked to present their bachelor’s thesis project.