Architecture M.A. - Application
All applicants for a master's degree who did not obtain their qualification for postgraduate studies (usually a bachelor's degree) in a country within the EU/EEA need to apply via uni-assist: https://www.tum.de/en/studies/application-and-acceptance/uni-assist/
Please attach the following documents:
- A transcript of records showing the modules taken in the applicant’s first degree and a minimum of 180 credits. The transcript of records must be issued by the respective examination committee or responsible course director’s office.
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form.
- A letter of motivation describing the reasons for wishing to be admitted to the M.A. in Architecture course at the TUM. This statement should be no longer than 500 words and explain why the applicant’s specific abilities, interests and career goals make them a good candidate for the study program and why they would like to study at the TUM. Evidence of any related extra-curricular professional education, internships or vocational activities undertaken outside the regular hours of the bachelor’s study program help demonstrate the applicant’s degree of commitment and dedication.
- A portfolio of the student’s own work in digital form (max 15 pages, max. DIN A4 format, PDF file no larger than 20 MB, upload in the application platform of TUM). You can find guidelines for the creation of your portfolio here (in German).
- A signed assurance that the portfolio and letter of motivation was produced and written without assistance, that the reasons given for choosing this study program are the applicant’s own, and that any thoughts or ideas stemming from other sources have been identified as such.
- Applicants from abroad should provide proof of adequate proficiency in the German language. Please see: Information about German language skills
- Missing documents can be provided until August 15.
- Guideline for the aptitude assessment and application process.
The application will be assessed by a committee on the basis of the documents submitted. Applicants may be asked to attend an aptitude assessment interview in which they will be asked to present their bachelor’s thesis project.