According to the examination regulations, external studies are only recognized if they are comparable to required or optional courses offered at the Technical University of Munich.
To apply for the recognition of external studies at the department, the following documents are required:
- Official Transcript
- Framework (in SWS-Study Hours per week-, For Credits etc. it must indicate how many credits maximum are awarded for a given course)
- Course Type (Design Studio, seminar, lectures, internships)
- Course Status (Mandatory, Elective, Optional)
- Content (Course catalog, an overview of the teaching contents, lecture notes, announcements, etc.)
- Results (a copy of the results of the course as print - A4 or digital - CD / DVD)
"Studio Designs" that were created using CAD / CAAD can not be recognized as CAD coursework.
Recognition for the required course "Fundamentals of CAAD" will only be allowed if there was sufficient theoretical content taught (see above).
Courses in the field of digital applications in architecture can be recognized in consultation with the Chair as a supplementary course.
Courses held by firms such as Nemetschek, Graphisoft, etc. are generally NOT recognized.
Exceptions can be made by only by the Director of the chair.