Cultural Heritage, History and Criticism
The conservation and conversion of architecture requires fundamental empirical and theoretical knowledge. Contemporary interventions in the existing built environment will only be successful if they are sensitive to history and culture. Likewise, respect for the cultural heritage and the ability to intelligently incorporate this in the modern world is only possible with precise knowledge and awareness thereof.
- Professorship of Architectural and Cultural Theory / Prof. Stephan Trüby
- Chair of History of Architecture and Curatorial Practice / Prof. Andres Lepik
- Chair of Building History, Building Archaeology and Conservation / Prof. Manfred Schuller
- Professorship of Architectural Design, Rebuilding and Conservation / Prof. Andreas Hild
- Chair of Restoration, Art Technology and Conservation Science / Prof. Erwin Emmerling
- Chair of Theory and History of Architecture, Art and Design / Prof. Dietrich Erben