Workshop for Researchers: From Idea To Patent
Do you want to know what is essentially an Inventor and how commercialization of your research results works at TUM? This workshop offers an opportunity to get a close insight how intellectual property rights (IPR) are treated at TUM. In addition to that, the important steps for a successful commercial exploitation of an invention are presented. A patent attorney will introduce to you to the patent system.
How will you benefit:
• Become familiar with the principles of our IP-Policy
• Learn to identify patentable research results and how to proceed
• Understand patents & its economic relevance
• Get in touch with important steps of the patent process
• Discover the scope of commercial exploitation of IPR at TUM
Christoph Patzelt works as technology manager at TUM ForTe. He advises scientists on all issues from the patenting process of the invention to the exploitation of research results in the field of engineering science. His duties also include IPR negotiations for R&D contracts and the management of the TUM patent portfolio.
Registration: Dr.-Ing. Gerhard Schubert
17.05.2018, 9-12h + Lunch
Architecture Research Incubator (ARI-Space)
Climalabor Room 0250@0502